Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Mycub cadet will engage blades and cut grass 20 MINUTES AND

Customer Question

mycub cadet will engage blades and cut grass for BOUT 20 MINUTES AND THEN BLADES WILL NOT ENGAGE.i HAVE REPLACED THEM rELAY SWITCH AND THE ENGAGE MENT SWITCH AND STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM. When the bladees stop engageing the baleds i shut the blade switch off and let the idle drop down and then pull the switch on the dash and push the idle arm ful thrittle and it will engage sometimes. What is the problem. this is the 2nd time i have contacted Cob Cadet Tech.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help you. By the sounds of it you have covered the basics by replacing the relay and switch. 2 things that come to my mind are seat switch and electric clutch

if your seat switch looses contact it will shut down the mower (and engine in most cases)

but most likely your electric clutch is at fault. take a look and see if you see any bare wires going to it. make sure the bearings aren't getting excessively worn. possibly run the machine and after it cuts out shut off the engine and take a look at the clutch. it will be warm normally but check to see if it seems excessively hot. it may have failed internally and is drawing to many amps when engaged.