John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

I have a new push mower which I purchased last year. this

Customer Question

I have a new push mower which I purchased last year. this season I attempted to re-start it again and it would not. I removed the filter and sprayed "quick start" into the carb and it started right up but died after the Quick start was depleted. I check the gas tank and line and it was all good. replace gas with new gas. as i listen closely the primer is not moving any gas. normally you can hear it or feel it but it is not. I have removed the carburetor and am cleaning. What would prevent the gas to flow into the carburetor from the gas line.. Also the primer has been check and there are no cracks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 6 months ago.

hello steve my name is ***** ***** put its the gas itself. if you are using lower grade gas with ethanol it will gum up the internals of the carb. this newer gas is very hard on aluminum components fund inside of carberators. your on the right track with removing and cleaning. for sure this fall add a stabilizer to the fuel before you store the machine and next year you shouldn't have this issue

good luck and thank you for using JA

Expert:  John Oliver replied 5 months ago.

any luck on this Steve?