Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a PowerBoss generator model 030217 with a small

Customer Question

I have a PowerBoss generator model 030217 with a small Briggs & Stratton 10 HP engine. After a few months in storage, I took it out to warm it up but it will not start. If I choke the carb with carburetor cleaner/starter it starts but turns off immediately. I have tried the same process a few times but with the same result. What should I do?Jenaro J. Bigas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.

Hello Jenaro. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. If your engine will only run briefly, if you spray carburetor cleaner into your carburetor, this is often an indication of a restriction in your fuel flow, from your fuel tank, to your carburetor, or your carburetor needs to be cleaned. It is likely that you have a clogged jet, or clogged fuel passages, in the body of your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.

You and I can continue from here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Donald. I checked the fuel flow from the tank to the carb and it is good. It seems that the fuel is not flowing to the carb. I will take out the carb, clean it and get back to you.
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know. I look forward to knowing your results.