Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications

My Toro 22-inch Recycler started spitting out smoke I

Customer Question

Hi Pearl my Toro 22-inch Recycler started spitting out white smoke I replace the oil and filled it with gas so according to the manual I added enough oil the dipstick says I added too much
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just got this lawn mower today from a garage sale there was no oil or gas in it. I looked up the manual online and got the oil and the gas for it that the manual recommended. According to the manual the oil should be halfway up the dipstick according to the dipstick it should be between these two lines at the very bottom of the dipstick it's running fine but spitting out a lot of white smoke
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 4 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Can you get a picture of the oil in the dipstick so I can see where it's at exactly
If you turned it on its side oil gets in the muffler and valves so it may smoke 20 to 30 minutes