Rex L.
Rex L., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  auto-diesel graduate. small engine and John deere and silver certified in stihl.
34138167

Deere 445 died after starting. I started it up back it up

Customer Question

John Deere 445 died after starting. I started it up back it up and then when I moved forward it shut off like I turned off key. Hasn't started since. It makes sound like it wants to start but won't turn over. I've changed out the coils, and plugs, both sides. Air filter, and safety switch under seat and nothing.
I see two fuses but both look fine.
What am I missing?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Rex L. replied 11 months ago.

May be the module (time delay). If it goes bad they will not start. It will crank over fine but not start. Some times you can tap on it lightly and it will work for a short time. Check and make sure you are getting spark at the plugs. If not try the module. part #AM12806

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Although you might have a good answer. Figured out the cam shaft is broken. Rods are bent. Thanks
Expert:  Rex L. replied 11 months ago.

Glad you found your problem