Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Chore MAster CV-2300-OMBC with a Briggs & Stratton

Customer Question

I have a Chore MAster CV-2300-OMBC with a Briggs & Stratton engine. The engine won't run unless I push and hold, sometimes pump the primer bulb. Thoughts?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a pressure washer that hasn't been used in several years and probably has only been used a total of 4 times overall. The gas tank was empty, filled it up and the issue I described occurred
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. Does your engine have the side mounted gas tank and air filter that bolts on top ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No bolt on top. Pictures attached. Gas opening on top left side when facing machine, filter on left side when facing machine. See attached photos

Ok under the carburetor is the bowl bolt , it has ports in the sides and one in the top where it threads in. You will have to remote this using a 1/2 inch socket and when you remove it gas will runout , once youbclean the ports in the bowl bolt you can put it in and tighten it up

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All I got was gas all over my hands, etc. Thanks for the heads up, I was able to capture a lot of it in a plastic bowl. Didn't solve the problem. Giving up and taking to a repair place or giving it away :-(

Did you clean out the ports in the bolt ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The bolt was only about a half inch long, didn't see any ports. Did clean out the bowl and the white plastic thing

Ok take the bolt out , there will be holes in each side and one that is in the top of the bolt where it threads in . I used a sewing needle and gumout carburetor cleaner. I take the red straw and shoot carb cleaned down into the top hole making sure it sprays out the side holes

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are we talking about the same bolt. The one I took off was holding a brass colored bowl under the carburetor, is this the bolt you are referring to?

Yes it has a gasket type washer around it ,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just getting in shower so I can go to an event. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks

Ok , grab a can of carburetor cleaner and some rubber gloves , it's that bolt

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ports all cleaned out still won't stay running. Starts then cuts out right away, unless pump the primer bulb.

If the float and needle are dropping the last thing is the main jet of the carburetor. Did it sit for a while prior to this problem

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sat empty for maybe 2 or 3 years

The needle could be stuck, or the main jet blocked , you also need to keep a eye on the oil and see if it is thin or smells like gas . Even when the tank is empty on these engines the carburetor bowl is full of gas so it may have gummed the Jets of the carb up

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will check those items, Thank You.

Let me know what you find , have you also removed the gas cap and see if it will stay running