Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a g22 golf it was running great the next day it would

Customer Question

I have a g22 golf it was running great the next day it would hardly run fouling the plugs spitting and sputtering could it be the tci
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: when I accelerate it spits and sputters, black smoke out the exhaust, no power it was fine the night before.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Check the choke in the carburetor. Sounds like the choke is stuck closed, If not the choke ,the float and needle valve are not controlling the fuel into the float bowl, causing flooding.