Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My Koehler engine stops run after 30 minutes. What is the

Customer Question

My Koehler engine stops run after 30 minutes. What is the problem?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I first thought I had a bad gas cap. It still does the same thong. Stops after 30 or 40 minutes.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Model number? How long before it will restart? If you check for spark when it quits, does it have spark? If no spark and it has to cool before restart, and is single cylinder engine, you have a bad ignition coil/module.