Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My JD LA105 is dead. I pulled out the seat switch and I

Customer Question

My JD LA105 is dead. I pulled out the seat switch and I removed the wires in the plastic piece that the seat switch plugs into- and forgot the order of the wires!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Battery is good.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Tractor is dead.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Gas oil good
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

white/ black to left terminal, n/o, black next, black white to n/c and black to right end.

That should get switch back in circuit.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks!
To be clear, thats looking the back of the receptacle for the seat switch plug?
Any other ideas about the tractor being dead?It was running fine.

Do you have battery voltage to the key switch? DO you ear the fuel solenoid click hen you flip key on and off? No click from fule solenoid, no voltage at key. Check the ignition fuse behind the engine, mear the starter solenoid.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know if I have battery voltage to the key switch.
No sounds at all. Battery is good.
I did check the 20 amp fuse- its good.

Power for the keyswitch has to come through the fuse and fuse holder, check for voltage past the fuse with voltmeter or test light. You say battery is good.?? If you jump the two cable terminals on the starter with old screwdriver will starter turn engine? This is quick test of battery, cables and starter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ill check the voltage past the fuse.
I did try to jump it with a screw driver and got no spark. Battery is good, checked it with charger and a voltmeter. Thats why I took the switch. I was sure it was a bad...

If it will not jump at solenoid, you either have no voltage at the solenoid, or your starter is bad!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If the starter is bad wouldn't the solenoid make a sound?

No, you are not using the solenoid to make the connection. To check solenoid you would jump the cable connection, to the small switch wire on the same solenoid.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Curtis.
Ill give it a try Saturday morning!

oK>