Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Mower starts and runs find about ten min then shuts down

Customer Question

Mower starts and runs find about ten min then shuts down cclean carb replaced fuel and coil
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Replaced fuel pump acts like it starlng for fuel there is avent looking object on top of fuel tank could that be a problem
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: Its not that old of a mower has a 16.5 briggs engine also fuel filter has been replaced
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Fuel tank has to vent, but loosening the fuel cap would be the test. I doubt that is the problem. How long before it will restart? There is an electric fuel solenoid in the carburetor on most late model Briggs engines, that has to open the main jet as soon as the key is turned on. It has to stay open as long as the key is on. Requires 12 volts to stay open. It may be closing and shutting of the fuel supply.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Checked fuel solenoid pulled off and seems to be strong and working

I see a second question, is this one not showing?

Please rate to close and get me credit!