Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have just purchased a new Husqvarna M-ZTE 61 mower. I

Customer Question

I have just purchased a new Husqvarna M-ZTE 61 mower. I finished mowing my yard for the first time, turned the unit off, let it sit for a while, washed off the deck, got back on the unit, started it right up, went to disengage the parking brake, and the engine dies...everytime...
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Check the seat switch connection and harness, the mower thinks there is n one in the seat! Ca also be caused by the brake switch or pto switch, but the seat is more common.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already tried bypassing the seat switch, and I checked the parking brake switch, it's shows its good....still no change.

I would let it dry till morning, Then if no change ,check the arm switches for sticking.

did you get mower to work? Problem found?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Apparently you cannot bypass the seat switch....put a new one in and all is well. Thank you for your assistance

Good job! Thanks!