Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD 115. The steering has been getting bad couple

Customer Question

I have a JD 115. The steering has been getting bad for a couple weeks and now I cannot turn right ( it just makes a click when I try) and the left turn has to be a very wide turn but it does work -just poorly. I know it's a steering issue - what does it sound like to you? Thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Test line from fule pump made no difference, and fuel solenoid made no difference. ?? no backfiring or anything that would indicate it has spark /timing problem? and you have been through the carburetor float and needle valve passage?

Answer got to wring question, sorry. What you have is the steering gear and the sector gear worn and is slipping! Need both pieces and the bearings that go on the steering gear shaft.

20 and 21 in the picture.