Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I need to know if there is a wrong way to install the carb

Customer Question

I need to know if there is a wrong way to install the carb bowl...I removed mine a while ago to clean the lines for debris and now when the engine runs there is back firing...Looks like the bottom of the bowl may need to be installed a certain way...
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: This is on a Briggs /Stratton 300 e engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

If the bowl is not perfectly round bowl and has a flat spot on the lower portion, the flat spot has to go to the side that the float pivots from. Round bowl does not matter. The 300E shows a carburetor that mounts into the fuel tank, so it has no float bowl.??? So it will only mount one way! do you have the full engine model number? Example(###) ###-####B1

Did you get my response?