Kenny O.
Kenny O., Small Engine Product Specialist
Experience:  24 years Factory Support Kawasaki Power Products & Small Engines
30381042

I am trying to replace the spark plug on a 22 inch recycler

Customer Question

I am trying to replace the spark plug on a 22 inch recycler mower. I have tried about 5 different socket sizes and they are either too small to too big, what size do I need? I just bought a 13/16 socket and it also does;t work
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Most standard or widely used spark plug size sockets are 5/8 and 13/16 I don't suggest that you use a 12 point socket, you should always use 6 point sockets, if you have the number on the spark plug you are trying to replace I should be able to pull that up for you. Spark plugs get get really tight over time due to the amount of heat that is created in that area, so having the correc size wrench is critical as you don't want to round off the corners on the spark plug.

Get me the number off the plug and if you have all the information on the engine I might be able to pull that up.

Thanks

Kenny

going to be one of these sizes, now if its in a OHC engine then it might require a specialized socket, notice they are all 6 point, click on the picture

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** try to get the spark plug #. It looks like the size is 5/8, I'll check my socket to be sure it is a 6 socket point one.

Awesome, just get back if needed

Thanks

Kenny