Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I've got a month old toro timecutter ss 4225. starts fine

Customer Question

Hi John. I've got a month old toro timecutter ss 4225. starts fine and mower runs in park. moving it from park to neutral and engine cuts off. If i quickly move it from park to forward or reverse, it grinds. model74721, sn###-##-####
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

The arms have the neutral switches , are they both working? This model has an electric park brake, it has to release before the arms will drive. The grinding is the transaxles trying to drive before the park brake valve has released. With engine cutting off, check the seat switch and the two arm switches, as either one will kill the engine. Find the safety switch that is killing the engine, and the brake should release and let mower drive.