Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I'm dealing with a 20 minute run time while mowing,then

Customer Question

Hi I'm dealing with a 20 minute run time while mowing,then engine shuts down.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: The fact it shuts down.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 2013 approx. just started this year have done all the usual maint,could there be an issue with carb too hot or fuel tank vent?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Seems the deck at it's highest setting is still mowing close,would excessive loading of the mower deck cause the engine to strung too much?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

Hi this is Kenny, who am I speaking to ?

Can I get the engine model # ***** also what is the model and manufacture of the unit that the engine is installed in ?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
could it be a weak fuel shut off solenoid?
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 6 months ago.

I need the engine model and number, I can guess at what it might be, I don't do that, can you give me any information on this unit ?