Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Where is the carb on a &S Spirit XQ40 engine : It is the

Customer Question

where is the carb on a B&S Spirit XQ40 engine
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It is the engine on my Hayter Spirit 41 and it is running eraticaly still after cleaning a dirty air filter. I suspect the governor mechanism etc but I cant see how to get at it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: I have the air filter aff and the top cpver of the starter cable removed and the spark plug disconnected
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

The top plastic cover and the air cleaner assembly has to be removed to get to the top of the carburetor and the linkage.