Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Cub Cadet RTZ50, new clutch, has been working fine.

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet RTZ50, new clutch, has been working fine. Was using it a few days ago and during use the PTO disengaged and will not engage. PTO switch or something else?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Clutch has to have 12 volts to stay engaged. With this model, all they use is the switch and the clutch, no relay between. You can test the clutch, by taking two wires from the battery direct to the clutch, and jump the wires at the clutch to see if the magnet closes. This is done with everything off, as it is a direct jump. If the clutch magnet closes, the clutch is ok, so check the switch and harness. I assume you have no voltage problems and the charging system is keeping up the battery.

The reverse switch can kill power to the clutch. It is just a two wire switch, that kills power to the pto clutch , one switch on each arm. One switch will kill the other. Needs to be looked at, if the clutch checks good.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid the deposit last night and had to pay the deposit again this morning plus i see on my email response that my card has already been charged the full amount. Why did i have to pay twice?

I work from home as contractor, I have nothing to do with site. Please contact site to answer any billing inquires. Sorry,