Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have an LT-1050 DOM; 01/2006. First something caused the

Customer Question

I have an LT-1050 DOM; 01/2006. First something caused the starter to snap off about 1 1/2 " below the Drive gear. Replaced the starter and the Drive belt was so loose that it jumped off and jammed. Replaced the Drive Belt, still can only get a slow speed from the mower. all happened since the breaking of thr starter. "Need Help"
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

What Kohler engine do you have, model wise. Starter could have broken from the flywheel moving sideways due to bad crankshaft bushing at the upper housing. But that is on the wrong end to cause a drive belt problem. Is the drive belt now tight, or is it still loose?