Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I started my 4 stroke cub cadet eater first time this summer

Customer Question

I started my 4 stroke cub cadet weed eater for the first time this summer and it doesn't want to stay running. Worked great last year. I have no problem starting it, but it will either quit after about 20sec at full throttle or sometimes it will quit when I pull the throttle.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I was thinking maybe vapor lock, I've tried to open the gas gap and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Is carburetor adjustable? Try turning the high speed screw to see if it makes any difference? What is model number? Does it have primer bulb? Do yu get air in bulb when priming, which indicates that you have a fuel hose that can be cracked or leaking?