Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Can't get the battery to charge. Have replaced the charging

Customer Question

Can't get the battery to charge. Have replaced the charging coil and regulator. Engine is Kawasaki 24 hp. Elec clutch runs batt down.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I put a test light on the dc wire to the reg and the charging wire at the solenoid and it shows cont.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

If your battery is bad, it could cause the problem you are having. Your charging system will not charge a bad battery. I suggest that you get your battery tested. Also, check to make sure that your stator, and your regulator, is properly grounded. You and I can continue from here. Thanks!