Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Mower won't start. It worked fine yesterday. today it won't

Customer Question

mower won't start. It worked fine yesterday. today it won't start. It fired once but would continuing running.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Our hustler fast track 60 inch worked fine yesterday. I added fuel and continued mowing. Today it fired once when I started once but would stay running. I noticed it was low on fuel so added more but it wouldn't fire. My husband added deicer but it still won't fire
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: OK
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

What is the engine make and model? Gas carbureted? Is the solenoid in the base of the carburetor opening as soon as the key is turned on? Has to have 12 volts.