Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a ready start push mower and it ran minutes and then

Customer Question

I have a ready start push mower and it ran for there minutes and then stopped, it seems like no gas, has it got a fuel pump or what could it be,
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  John Oliver replied 4 months ago.

hello Robert my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help. Looks like you have covered the basics so that will eliminate a lot of time already. Do you smell gas at the muffler when it wont start?

to answer your question there isn't a pump really. its more of a gravity flow to the carb. Don't be upset but I feel like I should ask...did someone possibly turn the fuel off on you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I took the carb. Off and there was no gas in the bowl, I don't know what it is called but when I hold that black thing is floating back and forth on the fly wheel, it will keep running but sluggish

not sure what the black thing may be but I will say that there should be fuel in the bowl. some..not a lot

so with that said you either have a blockage between the tank and the carb or the float in the carb is gummed up