Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My 2004 EZGO TXT gas engine runs and clutches engage but

Customer Question

My 2004 EZGO TXT gas engine runs and clutches engage but cart will not move forward or reverse. What might be the cause of this.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The rear Clutch was replace about a year ago. When I use the switch to make it go forward or in reverse the engine runs and clutches engage but cart will not move. Can you tell me what may be the cause of this.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: That is All at this time. I keep the oil changed regularly, keep it tuned properly andreplace clutch belts when they wear down
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

The transmission input shaft is being turned by the driven pulley and belt? Is the shifter cable moving the shift lever on the transmission? f you raise rear of cart off the ground and turn one wheel by hand, does the other wheel turn in opposite direction? If axles and differential are good, it will. Check both wheels, and feel for anything loose at the wheel, that would indicate that the drive hub for the wheel has separated from the axle shaft.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had already tried what you suggested before asking a question on this site. So your answer was not at all helpful. I am coming to the conclusion that the element attached to the Forward/reverse switch needs replaced by doing more research on the internet. I appreciate your try but it was not helpful.