Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

Got two deer riding mowers, one has 17 hp Brigg engine and

Customer Question

Got two john deer riding mowers, one has blown 17 hp Brigg engine and the other has a 22hp engine with a Bad transmission, can I put the 22hp engine on the 17hp john deer frame? the 22hp is on a L118 and the 17hp in on a L100.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. I am sure that your 22 Hp engine will bolt to your L100 frame, but there are a few things that you will need to take into consideration. The mufflers will be different on the two engines, and your wiring may be different. Also, your choke and throttle cables, will not hook up the same. With some modifications, you should be able to make the engine work, after the swap.

Expert:  Donald replied 4 months ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!