Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a hush arena 150bt. It starts and idles great. When I

Customer Question

I have a hush arena 150bt. It starts and idles great. When I throttle it up it will go and then die right down and usually will stall unless I feather the throttle. The dealer told me it was the carb so I replaced it and still does the same thing. New plug and air filter. Cleaned tank out and have fresh 93 octane mixed 50:1. I'm lost. Any idea or recommendation would be highly appreciated. Thanks. Steve
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Hello Steve. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. You mentioned a new air filter. What about the fuel filter inside your fuel tank, did you replace it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I did not know their was 1. How do I get to it ?if this is it I feel like an idiot. Thanks for your response. I will wait for your answer about getting to the fuel filter.
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for your reply. If you empty all of the gas from your fuel, this will give you a better view of your fuel filter. If you tilt your empty fuel tank, you will hear your fuel filter moving around inside.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

It is attached to the end of one of your fuel hoses.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I get it out and replace it with a new one ?
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

Find a stiff piece of wire, and bend the end of your wire, to form a small hook. Reach into your fuel tank, and pull the end of your fuel hose and fuel filter out.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ty very much. I'll let u know if it fixes it or not. Have a great dayThanks again Steve.
Expert:  Donald replied 9 months ago.

You are very welcome! I wish you a great day as well. I look forward to knowing your results.