Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I replaced the PTO switch and relay and clutch assembly on

Customer Question

I replaced the PTO switch and relay and clutch assembly on my 757 Z-trac which has over 6000 hours and needed them replaced. Issue is I still can't get the clutch to engauge. I'm getting no power to the connector that hooks to the clutch itself. Is there a diode or somethig in the harness? I know its something stupid but need to cut my 6 acres of grass.
email me at***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

If you take jumpers from battery direct to the clutch , with unit OFF ,does it close the magnet? Is the wire harness between electric pto clutch and the relay have complete circuit? checked with volt/ohm meter for continuity?