Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Oil filler cap is blowing off while engine is running. Seems

Customer Question

oil filler cap is blowing off while engine is running. Seems to have high crankcase pressure. I have a cub cadet 2146 model built in the year 2000
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: As metioned earlier. The oil filler cap blows off while the engine is running due to what I think is a higher than normal crankcase pressure. How do I fix the problem? Obviously something is plugged?
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

# ***** is the crankcase breather in the rocker cover. Is it open and venting? Is the oil level correct or could there be gas in the oil? Does it smell of fuel or is too thin?

if oil level and condition is good, and th event is open, then high crankcase pressure has two causes, bad rings and piston, and worn valve guides.

But problem can just be a dipstick.filler cap that is worn and m=not holding the pressure, and there will always be pressure!

did you see my response?