Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have problem with the drive not working on my rear drive

Customer Question

Hi! I have problem with the drive not working on my rear drive mower model #917.270722. I've replaced the drive belt and blade adaptor pulley, with no improvement. I've inspected the drive cable it is not broken and the spring does not appear to be stretched. I've tried to adjust the cable, no help. When I operate the drive control handle it tightens the belt but not enough to engage the blade pulley. It also appears that when I manually force the belt to engage the belt it comes very close to the returning loop. I ordered belt (p/n 183688, 34.5" L. 3/8" W) from Sears, but is too long or could the drive cable be stretched (it's not broken)?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hi Jim, My name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I pull up the information and breakdown for this model.

Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

The correct belt part number is ***** for the ground drive belt. If there is a problem using this part number then check your pulleys for wear and damage. Click on this link for the Parts manual in PDF. Please take a moment to rate my service.

Parts Manual

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My manual shows the 183688 number?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.