Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I replaced the stator on the pto on my 420 deere but it is

Customer Question

I replaced the stator on the pto on my 420 john deere but it is locked on and I am not sure how to adjust the springs so it will release.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: nothing else to tell. The pto is locked on. I need to adjust the spring tension to release t but not sure what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Just loosen the three self locking nuts, until the clutch will freewheel. The see if you can set the gap to around .020 inch. You want all three nuts at same depth.

Did you see my response?