Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a hrx217 lawn mower. It doesn't seem like it

Customer Question

I have a hrx217 lawn mower. It doesn't seem like it throttles all the way up. It also doesn't choke. And I have been having to start it with the throttle on low speed. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I just took the carb off and cleaned it. Didn't seem to make any difference.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

choke and throttle both work off the same cable. You have to locate the cable clamp at the throttle linkage, just to the rear of the carburetor. You will need to get the air filter housing off, so you can see the carburetor throat. With engine OFF, work the throttle cable and look at the choke plate in the carburetor. Choke is not closing, so see hat direction the cable has to be moved , to get choke to close. Un-clamp the cable and move the outer housing in the choke direction and clamp it down again and check the throttle cable again. Adjust until the choke is closing when the upper lever is in the choke position. Then start engine and check the throttle speed.