Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Have a Kubota GT 1680 Diesel that stopped engaging the

Customer Question

Have a Kubota GT 1680 Diesel that stopped engaging the mower. Checked the fuse at the seat switch and the other four fuses by the battery. The blades and belts move freely but engine shuts down when engaging PTO.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

So it shuts off when pto is engaged. Safety switch for seat, brake or pto. The mower thinks that no one is in the seat, so when the pto is engaged, it kills the engine. The mower has two circuits through the safety switches, one is for start, it is ok. The other is for run, it is not complete. Check the seat switch and harness first, then the brake switch.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't know what worked but it now engages. Yesterday I tapped on, cleaned and checked fuse at seat switch to no avail. Today I tampered with the brake switch and connection and it worked. So I assume it was a loose connect at the throttle/brake peddle. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Good job! If it works, success! Please rate to close and get me credit.