Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am having a problem with my toro ss5000 zero turn mower

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my toro ss5000 zero turn mower the drive belt keeps falling off as soon as I put it in forward motion what could be causing this.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Which belt is coming off the transmissions drive belt or the deck belt? Are the belt guides in place and adjusted so the belt can't come out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Transmission drive belt
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the belt guides are in place and belt is tight.

With engine OFF, is the belt tight? The tension spring has to keep the belt tight!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The spring is also tight it throws the belt off when I move the levers to go forward or reverse.

With engine running, is the belt bouncing around? Sounds like the belt is not on properly. You say you replaced the belt and the clutch? Clutch is for the deck,???

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The belt is on properly the reason I changed it was because the factory belt fell off n the mower would not move forward or reverse.but it keeps throwing it off that's why I am asking for your help

Where is the front drive pulleys belt guide? Is it there. The belt should not change its route or load when you move the levers !