Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a Snapper 28 horse Vanguard Briggs engine that runs

Customer Question

I have a Snapper 28 horse Vanguard Briggs engine that runs for 30-40 minuts and then dies, Just shuts off. Seams to start again after a cool down period, but then dies again after 10-20 minutes. There seams to be plenty of spark when it won't run, the fuel delivery seams fine before the pump but the fuel line after the pump seams to be sparse. Got a feeling it's the fuel pump, but they seam to be air driven and doesn't seam like this would be a part that would fail. Any other help or insight would be great, thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

How about the electric solenoid in th e base of the carburetor. It has to have 12 volts to stay open. Listen for the click when you turn the key on and off and engine is cold. Learn what it sounds like. Then when engine quits, turn key on and off,listening for the click. No click, no fuel. It can be heating up, and cutting off the fuel.