Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I bought a cub cadet model SC 500 e about a year ago and now

Customer Question

I bought a cub cadet model SC 500 e about a year ago and now I am experiencing problems with the electric start. Last week, after mowing the lawn I tried to restart it in order to clean it off and noticed the electric start did not engage the engine (won't even crank). I thought perhaps it was overheated so I simply put it away, but when I tried starting it this morning it would not turn over. The battery is fully charged, but the starter does not seem to engage the engine. I've checked the spark plug boot to be sure it's secured firmly to the spark plug. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

You say starter does not turn the engine? Does starter make any noise , that would indicate it is spinning? Do you have a voltmeter to test the voltage to the stater motor on the engine?