Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 997 deere zero turn diesel mower and after mowing

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a 997 john deere zero turn diesel mower and after mowing an hour or so the alarm goes off and the blades quit the engine is not hot what could be the problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: i mow and the overheated alarm sounds but the coolant is not low and the engine is not overheated
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: don't think so except the air cleaner is clean the radiator is clean and even after blowing all grass off its is the same
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

mower thinks it is overheating! Check the water temperature switch, or replace it, or unplug it and run test. Can also shut off from oil pressure switch!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks and this will probably be very helpful

Thank you! Please rate to close.