Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a RZ3016 mower that I change the oil every season

Customer Question

I have a RZ3016 mower that I change the oil every season along with air filters, oil filter, fuel pump and have fuel additive for storage. I mow once a week. Yesterday the mower died mid mow. Has fuel, I changed the fuel filter, air filter, and fuel pump but it will not start. It turns over for a few seconds and dies again????
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 8 months ago.

Single cylinder Briggs engine. Is the fuel solenoid in the base of the carburetor, clicking open if you flip key on and off? it has to have 12 volts to it, could the wire be loose?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Twin Power Built inteck I/C, it will turn over and start when choked but only for 2-3 seconds, not sure where the solenoid is
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model 210000

It is a single cylinder engine! .. Look at the carburetor base, there will be only one electrical device at the carburetor. It will be the solenoid.

See picture, the solenoid is the part in the bottom.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2 cylinder, unfortunately I do not have the time to go out and work on the engine right now

OK>