Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I've got a new Husqvarna with the &S 24hp it

Customer Question

Hi pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I've got a new Husqvarna with the B&S 24hp it was rough running likee it was hitting on one cylinder, and under load was emitting black smoke
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: the weather in central texas has been pretty wet... I did put some stabil in the tank , but the gase was ony one week old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Can you run a cylinder balance test? Loosen the spark plug wires and with the engine idling , remove one wire at a time, engine should continue to run. If it dies, when one wire is removed, the opposite cylinder is not firing. Check cylinder for, if it has spark and is firing, check the valve movement, a pushrod my be off!