Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I've got a deere z425 zero turn mower and it won't stay

Customer Question

I've got a john deere z425 zero turn mower and it won't stay running
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It will start, but when I engage the mower deck it runs for a min or two then dies.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: The hydraulic fluid is low. Could that be the issuem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Any starting problems? The carburetor has an electric solenoid that plugs the main jet in the carburetor. It has to have 12 volts to stay open. If the voltage drops when the electric clutch is running, the fuel solenoid may be closing.??