Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have the /mtd lawn tractor LT 13-673. Last thursday my

Customer Question

I have the white/mtd lawn tractor LT 13-673. Last thursday my shift lever would not change the gears and the shift lever became very loose. I think it is probable the tension hanging of the pulley under the seat (not the mower cage) but the schematics just have the tension springs floating in midair and you can't tell what it hooks into so that it tightens the pulley/belt which I believe will fix the problem. Matter of fact their is another tension spring also hanging loose right above the back of the mower cage. That one hasn't caused any problems except maybe an uneven cutting pattern, but once again in the schematic this spring also just floats in the air??? Can you please help me
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you find the long MTD model number for the mower on the tag on the side of the frame, near the engine.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Never mind. Found on youtube working now. Cancelling free trial.

Good job! Thanks for the reply.