Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Turf tiger 35hp vanguard was running fine and just quit

Customer Question

Scag turf tiger 35hp vanguard was running fine and just quit while mowing now it won't start
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The engine will turn over but it won't start
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, it has less than 60hrs on it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Engine model number? Carburetor or fuel injection? If carburetor, is the fule solenoid in the carburetor opening as soon as the key is turned on? It has to open the fule passage and has to have 12 volts as long as the key is on. With twin engine more likley fule than spark problem.