Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need some help with my black and Decker pw1500 : The

Customer Question

Hi, I need some help with my black and Decker pw1500
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The washer builds pressure fine, but when you release the trigger the pump cavitates on and off. The pump should remain off til you next press the trigger
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

#38 is the pressure switch that has to turn the pump on and off when you release the trigger. Problem is, the switch is almost the price of the unit! It is a switch that can't be serviced, only replaced!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked that side already and it's not the same cleaner as what I've got. I just don't get how my cleaner started the cycling problem, it was out of the blue. I rarely use it as it is for basic hobby cleaning.

It may be different, but your cleaner has same type pressure switch. Locate it and see if it can be removed and cleaned..Some pressure washers have a valve that moves up to trigger the switch.