Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

When I turn the cart to run position the solenoid clicks on

Customer Question

When I turn the cart to run position the solenoid clicks on and then it clicks back off and then mash the peddle nothing happens. We checked the voltage to the solenoid and the voltage is good. Please advise if this means the solenoid is bad.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: If you wait a little while it will then click on and off again. Not all the time but sometimes. We checked all the connections and all is good there.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

Bypass the solenoids two cable terminals. with a jumper cable and see if cart runs. Solenoid has to stay engaged, and all it does is connect the two cables. If the foot pedal sends battery voltage to the solenoid, and it does not close, solenoid needs to be replaced.