Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I borrowed a TroyBilt pressure washer with a 7.25 hp &s

Customer Question

I borrowed a TroyBilt pressure washer with a 7.25 hp b&s engine. I didn't have any manuals and i have added oil to the bottom threads of the white cap port at the top of the engine per owner. I noticed that there's two more oil ports on each side of the engine lower than the white cap port. When I fired the engine it started smoking terribly and oil started leaking out of the front left hand side of the engine. Please tell me I just didn't ruin this engine!!!!!
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

The white cap is the oil fill place, not the oil level! You have overfilled the engine and it is blowing oil into the exhaust. Use the lower oil ports as the full mark, and drain out the extra oil.The fire it up and in a short while, the smoke should stop!