Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I do not know how to set the carburettor mixture or if I

Customer Question

I do not know how to set the carburettor mixture or if I need to do something else to get the strimmer working property.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I do not know where to set the carb adjustment screws. The machine is working but it is very likely that it will conk out and restarting is difficult.
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I Know of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the carb diaphram but it is still difficult to get the engine to run. Wheh it does run it inviarably comes to a sudden stop.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. With most trimmers, you will need a special tool to make any adjustments to your carburetor. How old is your trimmer? Did our problem occur suddenly, or has it gotten progressively worse over time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This problem started the year after I bought the machine. I have not used it much because it was problematic.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

How old is the gas you are using?