Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have dixon 3303 when mowing last evening a belt let loose

Customer Question

I have dixon 3303 when mowing last evening a belt let loose Shedded but the mower kept cutting when I done and desengage the mower it made a ratting noise so I assume a belt has let go my question is how to replace and how do you get to it
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Dixon makes operators manual and a parts manual. The operators manual has no information on replacing either of the belts! The parts book shows the belts, but that is all. The drive belt for the transmission is a short belt and has a single spring loaded idler that tensions the belt when it is in place on the engine and the transmission.