Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a Cub Cadet 2166. Pulling the blade engagement nob

Customer Question

I have a Cub Cadet 2166. Pulling the blade engagement nob does nothing. usually when after an hour or so, on a hot day the blades won't engage, but it makes a shhhhh noise when pulled. Cool for 15 min. and good to go. Now nothing when cool.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I would like to try to help you with your riding mower. With it off if you push the button for blades to be engaged and then turn the key from off to no which should be right before starting the engine , do you hear a click coming from the pto ?

Did you spray out the other parts of that white piece , there holeson both sides that need to be sprayed out