Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines

2006 x320 deere, deck can be engaged, runs and starts fine,

Customer Question

2006 x320 john deere, deck can be engaged, runs and starts fine, but will not go into forward or revers. no pedal height-
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Ive got a 2006? John Deere x320. It starts and runs fine, and I can engage the belt driven deck, but there is no forward or reverse- I checked to make sure the little metal lever in the back is pushed in, and still the drive won't engage
JA: Is there anything else the Small Engine Technician should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 5 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. Have you checked your transmission drive belt? If it is loose, worn, or broken, this can cause our problem. We can continue from here.