Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

PTO comes on when mower is cold but if is disengaged wil not

Customer Question

PTO comes on when mower is cold but if is disengaged wil not come on until mower sitd for an hour or two.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The pto works at 1st fire up but if it is shut off while mowing it will not come back on when the switch is pulled.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: no everything is fine except for this pboblem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Make and model? Do you have a voltmeter to see if the electric clutch looses voltage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will come on after the mower sits for 1-2 hours
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is a Hustler mini z
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this site a scam? isst it asked for $5 then $13 more It looks like I will have to reort this to Discover.

Model number?906786 example. Does it have a pto relay? Need model number to find the wiring diagram. Clutch should not heat up and quit, but a relay will.

my response shows a customer!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hustler model 927326

Shows no relay for the pto clutch, just the ignition switch, to pto switch to the clutch. Need to check voltage when the clutch will not engage. See if the pto switch is sending voltage to the clutch.No power to clutch, switch is bad, power to the clutch , the clutch is bad! See 5-18 in parts manual link below.

Clutch shows to be non adjustable model.