Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Does the stator have anything to do with spark from coil 17

Customer Question

does the stator have anything to do with spark from coil 17 hp kohlor engine
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: wires were burnt from the stator ,and spliced the best I could now have no spark at coil but getting power to coil
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Small Engine Technician should know?
Customer: cant buy new stator
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be happy to assist you. The stator under your flywheel does not affect the performance of your ignition coil. Your stator produces voltage to keep your battery charged, and for lights, etc.

Expert:  Donald replied 6 months ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!